To get high score in International English Language Test System (IELTS) is not an easy way, but there is a way we can do to make reach our goal, to pass the IELTS and study overseas the passing grade for IELTS for academic and IELTS General Training are band 5.5. and how can we reach that score?? here I found some tips how we should do when doing IELTS, hope it helps you to get better score, guys…..
1. Read the instructions and questions carefully before you listen.
2. Try to get an idea of the situation. Who are the speakers? Where are they? Why are they speaking?
Remember, you will only hear the audio once. You will need to read, write and listen all at the same time.
3. Listen for ‘signpost words’ such as however, although and finally. They help you to anticipate what the speaker will say.
- Look out for the title, headings and any special features such as capital letters, underlining, italics, figures, graphs and tables2. make sure that you understand the questions and follow instructions carefully
3. Pay attention to timing; do not spend too long on one passage or question
4. Do not try and read every word; remember, you are reading for a purpose
5. If you do not know the answer to a question, attempt it but do not waste time; move quickly onto the next one
6. Do not panic if you do not know anything about the subject of the text; all the answers can be found in the text
7. The word(s) you use must be taken from the Reading text; you must not change the form of the word(s) in the text
8. Do not worry if there is a word that you do not understand – you may not need to use it check your spelling
9. Be careful to use singular and plural correctly, focus precisely on what you are asked to do in ‘completion’ type questions, if the question asks you to complete the note ‘in the…’ and the correct answer is ‘evening’, just use ‘evening’ as your answer; note that ‘in the evening’ would be incorrect
10. Pay attention to the word limit; for example, if you are asked to complete a sentence using no more than two words, if the correct answer is ‘silk shirt’, the answer ‘shirt made of silk’ would be incorrect
attempt all questions; there are no penalties for incorrect answers, so you have nothing to lose